Integral Permaculture Design Certificate in Tenerife
The Integral PDC course will begin on January 18th, 2019, and end on February 3rd, 2019.
There is also the option of staying on site another month doing volunteering work so you can implement some more of the design projects and practice what you've learned during the course.
Note that the Canary Islands have a subtropical climate, and this part of the island is particularly warm, so even in the winter rainy days are rare and the temperature stays around 15-20ºC most of the time. And in fact, January and February are the peak of the wet season here, where life is most abundant here, with flowers, edible wild plants and many other beautiful forms of life all around.
On the beautiful site of Manantial de Tara, an ecological farm and permaculture project / retreat center.
It's located in Arafo, on the island of Tenerife, in the Canary Islands - Spanish territory in North Africa.
To get there, you will need to fly to either of the Tenerife airports, Tenerife North or Tenerife South - or if you prefer to come by boat, there are also two ports in the island, Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Los Cristianos.
We will be having 2 theory classes per day, plus practical farm work, design work and discussions, and some days of visiting other projects (all of which amounts to far more training time than the standard 72-hour PDC) with some flexibility on the times to attend to each person and the group's needs.
You will be provided with food and accommodation on site, on the beautiful wooden cabins and yurts on site, with 3 meals a day (except for the first and last day) plus snacks and refreshments, access to a simple outdoor kitchen if you need to prepare anything else for yourself, and the beautiful compost toilets and outdoor showers available on site.
There will also be an optional QiGong session every morning, to help us wake up, move our energy and prepare for the day.
The course will be taught and facilitated by one the most experienced teachers in the Integral Permaculture Academy:
Jose is another one of the jewels of creativity, intelligence, passion for justice and integral design + many other talents that joined us in 2010 & enthusiastically participated in working on most of the innovations in permaculture education created by the Academy team, which you can now enjoy. And he did this whilst very skillfully & patiently managing most of the administration & IT support for the team.
Jose was 18 when he started studying integral permaculture with the Integral Permaculture Academy, and at 19 he became the youngest investor & founder member of the 8thLife Ecovillage. In the eco-village he was mainly in charge of designing & maintaining the animal systems because he is passionate about regenerating the soil & landscape (and producing abundance for all forms of Life) through integrating all kinds of animals (sheep, chickens, guineapigs, fish, bees...) into the ecosystem.
What makes this course so special is that:
- We will be going beyond traditional Permaculture, taking an Integral perspective to cover a wider range of fields required for truly sustainable design - like personal development and group facilitation, finances and project planning, plus a heavy focus on the science of sustainability, general principles and design techniques, so you can apply what you learn here anywhere else in the world, and in your own projects, making this course suitable for both novices to the world of Permaculture and already experienced PC designers.
- It will be held in an already established sustainability education project that was designed with Permaculture principles and has been running for 10 years.
- You will be staying in the Canary Islands, a sub-tropical paradise in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, where you can enjoy warm and sunny weather even in the middle of winter, and if your home is in Europe or the US, you'll be able to come back ready to develop your own projects and grow your own food in time for the beginning of the spring.
- The contents of the course will be recorded, so you can review them again later on, and you will also be given free access to an online course by the Integral Permaculture Academy, so you can continue digging deeper in your training back home, with long-term mentoring and support for your designs to boot - which is quite unique for a PDC.
The total price of the course is 848€, including food and accommodation, with an early bird discount of 50€ if you enroll before January 1st, for a discounted total of 798€.
To enroll, you need to send your personal information (full name, address, email and telephone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org and a deposit* of 200€ to the following account:
- if paying by PayPal, to email@example.com
- if paying by bank transfer, to "Asociación Manantial de Tara", with IBAN ES05 1491 0001 2921 2368 8620
Note that this deposit is non-refundable after January 1st, and before that, will be refunded minus an admin fee of 50€.